- Location: Remote (ideally Europe/Asia)
- Type: Full Time
- Experience: Experienced
We are looking for one Android and one iOS developer to join our existing engineering team of two web developers and two mobile engineers. (We are also hiring one more web developer!)
Our flagship apps - Zombies, Run! and The Walk – combine innovative real-world interaction and gameplay with captivating stories and design. In short, we make exercising fun. We want to find someone who can help us maintain and improve our existing apps and develop new experiences that are just as revolutionary and innovative.
As a Senior Mobile developer at Six to Start, you will be primarily responsible for maintaining our mobile apps including Zombies, Run! and The Walk, with over 10 million downloads. You’ll work with a fully remote development team and be able to make an impact straight away.
This is a fully-remote position open to all locations, but you will need to overlap with at least 3 hours of 9am-5pm UK time (e.g. 9am to 12pm, or 2-5pm, etc.)
Our pay range is £68,000 to £75,000 dependent on experience.
Please apply for this job if you:
- Have a passion and capacity for learning
- Have already learned from working on big development projects, whether those projects were successful or otherwise
- Are familiar with any two of our industry standard tools:
- git, and either GitHub or GitLab
- JIRA, or similar "ticket-based" workload management
- Android Studio and Kotlin (for Android developers) or Xcode and Swift (for iOS developers)
We are especially keen to hear from applicants who:
- Are from communities historically underrepresented in tech
- Care about building and maintaining equality and inclusion in our workplace and product
We make content for absolutely everyone
At Six to Start we believe in everyone's right to exist and be seen. We tell diverse stories in our app with caring, idealistic characters that our players love. Our workplace reflects this mission with our commitment to equality, inclusion and mutual support. Here's what some of our players say:
"I love this beautiful inclusive world you've created that you've allowed us to be a part of. Zombies, Run! has helped me through a lot of trying times and I don't know what I'd be doing without y'all."
"Zombies, Run is an exercise app, but its ALSO an incredible audio podcast where u are the main character. has lovable diverse cast of chars. and motivates you IRL to exercise at any pace you prefer! its literally the only thing thats ever made me exercise for fun and i love it."
We are not a startup
We think "hustle" is code for overwork. From the way we plan projects onward, we do everything we can to ensure people work 40 hours a week even in release-heavy months. We also support part-time working and extra flexibillity for meeting needs and challenges like caring for others, crisis and personal health.
We prefer stable software and established patterns
We consider a clever solution to be one that takes less code and effort than anticipated, rather than something that no-one has ever seen before. The best documentation is the documentation we don't even have to write, because someone else already wrote it.
What the job is going to be like
- Collaborate with our engineering team internationalizing, localizing, and improving the accessibility of our mobile apps including design, implementation, testing, and maintenance.
- Improvement of existing features, development of new features, and maintenance of our released apps.
- Coordinating cross platforms to maintain feature and functional parity across iOS and Android.
- Participating in feature design and engineering planning discussions.
- Conducting code reviews for fellow team members.
- Experience with ReactiveX observable streams, Combine, coroutines or similar.
- Experience writing production ready Swift and/or Kotlin code with published apps currently in store.
- Experience in mobile software internationalization and localization.
- High standards for code quality and maintainability.
- Fluency in English and strong interpersonal communication skills in a remote, asynchronous context.
- Self motivated with a willingness to learn new technologies and an attention to detail.
Also, highly desirable
- Chinese (Mandarin) or Korean language skills.
- Experience developing and shipping apps on both iOS and Android.
- Experience with UI/UX design and implementation.
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with CI/CD.
How to Apply
Get in touch at hello AT sixtostart.com with the subject Senior Mobile Developer and your CV attached. No recruitment agencies.