Racelink was an audio-driven virtual race platform for charities and for our own original races that operated from March 2017 to December 2019. Racelink turned running into a thrilling and motivating adventure, with immersive audio and fantastic race rewards.
Comprising a completely customisable sales website, a user portal for live leaderboards and run logs, and a free customisable app for iPhone and Android, Racelink was the most advanced virtual race platform of its time. Unlike other virtual races, entrants were immersed in a thrilling audio-driven story that progressed with every kilometer they ran.
We hosted events for some of the UK's biggest charities including:
- Celeb Chase Virtual Race for Cancer Research UK
- Run the Solar System, Run to the Deep, and Run with the Ancestors for the British Science Association
- Journey to the Centre of the Eye for Fight for Sight
- Spy Virtual Race for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Dinosaur Race, Run Olympus Mons, Run the Grand Canyon, and Volcano Race by Six to Start
The Racelink platform made it easy for us to reach runners around the world and provide custom rewards, T-shirts, tote bags, hoodies, and more for every race – including rebranding the Racelink app for each event.
While Racelink is no longer active, several of the events have migrated to the Zombies, Run! New Adventures platform.
Six to Start
- Adrian Hon: Lead Designer, Producer
- Claire Knight: Lead Developer
- Steven Veltema: Senior Mobile Developer
- Stephen Charman: Senior Mobile Developer
- Alex Benini: Senior Mobile Developer
- Darek Ciesla: Mobile Developer
- Bartek Niemtur: Full Stack Web Developer
- Matt Wieteska: Audio Director
- Mark Pittam: Audio Engineer
- Kascha Sweeney: Artist
- Sophie Baker: Office Manager
- Sabrina Greenberg-James: Office Manager
- Ranjani Natarajan: Producer
- Lulu Kadhim: Producer
- Brad Porter: Producer
- Lou Atherton: Producer