Closing Date: August 10th
- Location: Remote
- Type: Full Time, Contract (18 months)
- Experience: 3+ years
We are looking for a Sound Designer to join our Production team.
Our flagship apps - Zombies, Run! and The Walk – combine innovative real-world interaction and gameplay with captivating audio stories and design. In short, we make exercising fun with audio. We want to find someone who can join our award-winning Sound Design team, and improve our capability to produce world-class audio content on a consistent, year-round schedule.
We are looking for a creative, technically accomplished and highly-organised individual who is ready to take the next step. You will be working on our core Zombies, Run! product, along with our fast-growing "New Adventures" segment that is expanding into new storytelling genres. You ideally have multiple years of experience producing impeccable, immersive narrative sound design, whether that's in radio & podcasting or in the games, TV or film industries.
This is a fully-remote, full-time position. You can be located anywhere, but must be able to overlap with UK time for at least 3 hours between 9am and 5pm UK time.
This contract pays £45,000 annually.
Please apply for this job if you:
- Are committed to collaborative and supportive working practices
- Can demonstrate a high level of creativity and technical skill in your designing narrative audio
- Have completed an audio design project in any of the following pieces of software:
- Pro Tools
We are especially keen to hear from you if:
- You are from a community that is historically under-represented in media industries
- Care about building and maintaining equality and inclusion in our workplace and product
- Have professional experience:
- designing in Reaper
- cleaning up audio using iZotope RX
- working within modular design workflows
- working with and maintaining large audio libraries
We make content for absolutely everyone
At Six to Start we believe in everyone's right to exist and be seen. We tell diverse stories in our app with caring, idealistic characters that our players love. Our workplace reflects this mission with our commitment to equality, inclusion and mutual support. Here's what some of our players say:
"I love this beautiful inclusive world you've created that you've allowed us to be a part of. Zombies, Run! has helped me through a lot of trying times and I don't know what I'd be doing without y'all."
"Zombies, Run is an exercise app, but its ALSO an incredible audio podcast where u are the main character. has lovable diverse cast of chars. and motivates you IRL to exercise at any pace you prefer! its literally the only thing thats ever made me exercise for fun and i love it."
We are not a startup
We think "hustle" is code for overwork. From the way we plan projects onward, we do everything we can to ensure people work 40 hours a week even in release-heavy months. We also support part-time working and extra flexibility for meeting needs and challenges like caring for others, crisis and personal health.
We build better processes
We believe in creating thoughtful, sustainable processes that make our work easier, rather than relying on volume of effort to get the job done. We're committed to constant self-scouting and continual improvement as a way of ensuring as stress-free and sustainable a work life as we're able to create.
What the job is going to be like
You will work alongside our existing audio team and Lead Sound Designer to turn recorded audio into world-class, fully designed narrative scenes. You will use your creativity and technical expertise to deliver the rich, immersive audio upon which Six to Start has built its reputation.
You will be responsible for:
- Intake and organisation of raw recordings from remote recording software into our file structure
- Editing and cleaning up raw audio from our recording sessions
- Sourcing effects from third-party libraries and assessing them for suitability based on creative approach, cost and ease-of-use
- Mixing our recorded dialogue with sourced and created effects and beds to create coherent and immersive soundscapes
- Producing impeccable mastered narrative audio
- Designing, mastering and organising effects libraries constructed from in-house recordings
- Organising and maintaining documentation about the status of the projects you work on
- Report progress and take part in team-wide discussions in our weekly meeting
We believe there's always room to improve how we work, and the quality of the content we release. All members of the production team regularly:
- Consult on our existing processes and how they can be improved
- Take part in discussions about representation and equality in our content
How to Apply
Get in touch at hello AT sixtostart.com with the subject Sound Designer and your CV attached. No recruitment agencies.