- Location: Remote
- Type: Part Time (4 days a week), Permanent
- Experience: 1- 2 years
- Closing Date: December 16th, 2022 @ 16:00 GMT
We are looking for a Customer Support Advisor to join our team.
Our flagship apps - Zombies, Run! and The Walk – combine innovative real-world interaction and gameplay with captivating audio stories and design. In short, we make exercising fun with audio. We want to find someone who can help us provide audiences in new languages with the same world-class customer support that our English audience has come to expect.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly-organised individual who is ready to take the next step. You will be working on our core Zombies, Run! product, along with our fast-growing "New Adventures" segment that is expanding into new storytelling genres. You will ideally have at least 1-2 years of experience working in a support capacity, which could be in any role that had customer facing responsibilities in the mobile apps, games or software industries. We are also open to hearing from anyone with a passion for games with relevant experience in customer support.
This is a fully-remote, part-time position for 4 days per week. You can be located anywhere, but must be able to overlap with UK time for at least 3 hours between 9am and 5pm UK time.
This contract pays £23,000 - £28,000 GBP annually pro rata, dependent on skills and experience (i.e pay of £18,400 - £22,400 GBP per annum).
Please apply for this job if you meet all of the below:
- You are a confident and capable communicator
- You are highly organised
- You enjoy problem-solving and have a customer-centric approach to support
- You have great attention to detail
- You are an independent worker and self-starter
We are especially keen to hear from you if you meet any of the below:
- You are from a community that is historically under-represented in media industries
- You care about building and maintaining equality and inclusion in our workplace and product
- You have professional experience working in a customer support capacity in the mobile apps, games or software industry
- You can speak one or more of the following languages:
We make content for absolutely everyone
At Six to Start we believe in everyone's right to exist and be seen. We tell diverse stories in our app with caring, idealistic characters that our players love. Our workplace reflects this mission with our commitment to equality, inclusion and mutual support. Here's what some of our players say:
"I love this beautiful inclusive world you've created that you've allowed us to be a part of. Zombies, Run! has helped me through a lot of trying times and I don't know what I'd be doing without y'all."
"Zombies, Run is an exercise app, but its ALSO an incredible audio podcast where u are the main character. has lovable diverse cast of chars. and motivates you IRL to exercise at any pace you prefer! its literally the only thing thats ever made me exercise for fun and i love it."
We are not a startup
We think "hustle" is code for overwork. From the way we plan projects onward, we do everything we can to ensure people work 40 hours a week even in release-heavy months. We also support part-time working and extra flexibility for meeting needs and challenges like caring for others, crisis and personal health.
We build better processes
We believe in creating thoughtful, sustainable processes that make our work easier, rather than relying on volume of effort to get the job done. We're committed to constant self-scouting and continual improvement as a way of ensuring as stress-free and sustainable a work life as we're able to create.
What the job is going to be like
You will be joining our Engineering team, working alongside our QA Lead in providing top-notch support to our users. Your key responsibility will be providing support to Zombies, Run!, The Walk and Zombies, Run! 5K users via Zendesk.
You’ll also assisting the QA Lead with app QA and other tasks as needed. You will be responsible for:
- Answering customer service tickets in Zendesk.
- Escalating complex tickets to the QA Lead and/or Producers
- Writing and maintaining support macros
- Tracking themes among Zendesk tickets and feeding these back to the QA Lead
- Assisting the QA Lead with QA tasks when needed
We believe there's always room to improve the way we work and the quality of the content we release. All members of the Engineering team regularly:
- Consult on our existing processes and how they can be improved
- Take part in discussions about representation and equality in our content
How to Apply
Get in touch at hello AT sixtostart.com with the subject Customer Support Advisor and your CV attached. No recruitment agencies.