- Location: Remote
- Type: Full Time
- Experience: 3+ years
We are looking for a QA Lead / Producer to join our Production team.
Our flagship apps - Zombies, Run! and The Walk – combine innovative real-world interaction and gameplay with captivating audio stories and design. In short, we make exercising fun with audio. We want to find someone who will help us perform, organise and improve our Production, QA and Customer Support processes as we grow.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly-organised individual who is ready to take the next step. You'll work on our core Zombies, Run! product, along with our fast-growing "New Adventures" segment that is expanding into new storytelling genres. You ideally have multiple years of experience in the games or tech industry as a Producer at any level, or in a QA leadership role.
You'll be joining a company of 12 full time staff, with 7 of those in Production. We're growing fast, but everyone here still gets their hands dirty!
This is a fully-remote, full-time position. You can be located anywhere, but must be able to overlap with UK time for at least 3 hours between 9am and 5pm UK time.
Our pay range is £34,000 - £42,000, dependent on experience.
Please apply for this job if you:
- Are highly organised
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Have experience organising and tracking work using modern project-management tools including Jira or Notion
We are especially keen to hear from you if you:
- Are from a community that is historically under-represented in media industries
- Care about building and maintaining equality and inclusion in our workplace and product
- Have experience running or managing QA processes
- Have experience developing and troubleshooting internal processes
- Have experience owning and maintaining detailed project documentation
- Are keen to develop automation in a production context
We make content for absolutely everyone
At Six to Start we believe in everyone's right to exist and be seen. We tell diverse stories in our app with caring, idealistic characters that our players love. Our workplace reflects this mission with our commitment to equality, inclusion and mutual support. Here's what some of our players say:
"I love this beautiful inclusive world you've created that you've allowed us to be a part of. Zombies, Run! has helped me through a lot of trying times and I don't know what I'd be doing without y'all."
"Zombies, Run is an exercise app, but its ALSO an incredible audio podcast where u are the main character. has lovable diverse cast of chars. and motivates you IRL to exercise at any pace you prefer! its literally the only thing thats ever made me exercise for fun and i love it."
We are not a startup
We think "hustle" is code for overwork. From the way we plan projects onward, we do everything we can to ensure people work 40 hours a week even in release-heavy months. We also support part-time working and extra flexibility for meeting needs and challenges like caring for others, crisis and personal health.
We build better processes
We believe in creating thoughtful, sustainable processes that make our work easier, rather than relying on volume of effort to get the job done. We're committed to constant self-scouting and continual improvement as a way of ensuring as stress-free and sustainable a work life as we're able to create.
What the job is going to be like
You will work closely with our Head of Production to ensure the smooth running of the Production department and the continual improvement of our processes. You will also take hands-on ownership of the QA and customer support teams within the Production department, co-ordinating the team's workload as well as working on day-to-day QA and support tasks alongside the rest of the team.
You will be responsible for:
- Co-ordinating the work of the QA and Support team, including content and technical QA
- Performing QA and answering customer support tickets
- Liaising with the Development team to specify new improvements and features, in collaboration with studio leadership
- Maintaining documentation across Jira boards, Notion databases and Google Docs
- Troubleshooting processes to identify paths for continual improvement
- Planning and documenting upcoming workloads across the team, in collaboration with the Head of Production
- Liaising with external Support suppliers
We believe there's always room to improve how we work, and the quality of the content we release. All members of the production team regularly:
- Take part in discussions about representation and equality in our content
- Assist in asset handling and content upload for our content
- Take part in quality-assurance processes for our content
How to Apply
Fill out this form. No recruitment agencies.