Location: Remote (UK-only)
Type: Full Time
Experience: Junior (part of the UK Kickstart Scheme)
Duration: 6 Months
This Junior Artist role involves the creation of 2D illustrations, graphics, and art for Zombies, Run!, a family-friendly running game and audio adventure for iPhone and Android that makes exercising fun for millions of people.
You'll work according to briefs and feedback provided by other members of the production team, communicated in writing and through team meetings. Work will be completed according to established art specifications, templates, and asset handling procedure.
You'll also help create new sketches and designs, and develop ideas for new merchandise.
This is a remote position; the entire company is fully remote.
We welcome applications from candidates of traditionally unrepresented backgrounds.
Kickstart is a UK government scheme to help support young people back into work after the economic effects of the pandemic. It’s aimed at 16-24-year-olds who are not in education and are currently claiming universal credit.
This role is only available for Universal Credit claimants aged 16 to 24 who are referred to employers by the DWP.
- Core hours are 9am to 3pm, Monday to Friday. Remaining hours are flexible pending agreement of your manager.
- You'll receive all necessary equipment and software for the duration of the job, including an Apple laptop and headphones.
- You'll be expected to be present on workplace chat apps including Slack during core hours.
- You'll need a reliable, high-speed internet connection with a quiet environment that can accommodate video conferencing calls.
Essential skills and experience
- Competent with Adobe Creative Cloud tools including Photoshop and Illustrator
- Competent with workplace productivity like Slack, Google Docs, Google Calendar
- Time-management skills
- Excellent written communication skills
Pay is £11/hour at 40 hours per week, or £22,880 per annum pro rata.
To apply, please register your interest here. Please ensure you fill in the correct Job Title and Company (i.e. "Junior Artist" and "Six to Start").
Once you've registered your interest, you should receive information about how to send your CV and portfolio to us.