- Location: Remote
- Type: Full Time
- Experience: 1 + years
We are looking for an Associate Producer to join our team.
Our flagship apps - Zombies, Run! and The Walk – combine innovative real-world interaction and gameplay with captivating audio stories and design. In short, we make exercising fun with Audio. We want to find someone who can help us grow our capacity to deliver innovative gameplay and world-class audio content to our players.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly-motivated individual who is ready to take the next step. You will be working on our core Zombies, Run! product, along with our fast-growing "New Adventures" segment that is expanding into new storytelling genres. You ideally have experience in a content or software production capacity.
This is a fully-remote, full-time position. You can be located anywhere, but must be able to overlap with UK time for at least 3 hours between 9am and 5pm UK time.
Our pay range is £25,000 - £28,000, dependent on experience.
Please apply for this job if you:
- Are highly organised & motivated
- Are able to manage your priorities across multiple projects and time-frames
- Have taken part in any of the following processes in a professional capacity:
- Quality Assurance (software)
- Content Management
- Copy Writing
- Customer Support
We are especially keen to hear from you if:
- You are from a community that is historically under-represented in media industries
- Care about building and maintaining equality and inclusion in our workplace and product
- Have worked with JIRA in a professional capacity
- Have professional experience organising and maintaining QA processes
- Have a proven ability to deliver quality copy quickly
- Have professional experience organising and maintaining Customer Support resources
We make content for absolutely everyone
At Six to Start we believe in everyone's right to exist and be seen. We tell diverse stories in our app with caring, idealistic characters that our players love. Our workplace reflects this mission with our commitment to equality, inclusion and mutual support. Here's what some of our players say:
"I love this beautiful inclusive world you've created that you've allowed us to be a part of. Zombies, Run! has helped me through a lot of trying times and I don't know what I'd be doing without y'all."
"Zombies, Run is an exercise app, but its ALSO an incredible audio podcast where u are the main character. has lovable diverse cast of chars. and motivates you IRL to exercise at any pace you prefer! its literally the only thing thats ever made me exercise for fun and i love it."
We are not a startup
We think "hustle" is code for overwork. From the way we plan projects onward, we do everything we can to ensure people work 40 hours a week even in release-heavy months. We also support part-time working and extra flexibility for meeting needs and challenges like caring for others, crisis and personal health.
We build better processes
We believe in creating thoughtful, sustainable processes that make our work easier, rather than relying on volume of effort to get the job done. We're committed to constant self-scouting and continual improvement as a way of ensuring as stress-free and sustainable a work life as we're able to create.
What the job is going to be like
You will be joining our busy Production team in preparing, testing and releasing our content and apps.
You will be responsible for:
- Preparing scripts for recording
- Preparing content for release, including text, art and audio assets
- Writing copy to support content releases including scene descriptions and content summaries
- Uploading content to our content management system
- Preparing and running quality assurance tests on our content
- Maintaining documentation on the status of our content
- Preparing and running quality assurance tests on our apps and software updates
- Liasing with the development team to ensure proper execution of software QA tasks
- Maintaining documentation on the status of software QA
We're a small company, so Production staff at Six to Start wear a lot of hats. Dependent on your experience and company workload, you may also be asked to:
- Answer customer support queries
- Assist in organising internal processes
We believe there's always room to improve how we work, and the quality of the content we release. All members of the production team regularly:
- Consult on our existing processes and how they can be improved
- Take part in discussions about representation and equality in our content
How to Apply
Get in touch at hello AT sixtostart.com with the subject Associate Producer and your CV attached. No recruitment agencies.