- Location: Remote
- Type: Part Time (3.5 days)
- Experience: 1 - 3 years
This position has been filled.
We are looking for an Assistant Audio Producer to join our Production team.
Our flagship apps - Zombies, Run! and The Walk – combine innovative real-world interaction and gameplay with captivating audio stories and design. In short, we make exercising fun with Audio. We want to find someone who can help us organise our audio pipeline and improve our capability to produce world-class audio content on a consistent, year-round schedule.
We are looking for a detail-oriented, highly-organised individual who is ready to take the next step. You will be working on our core Zombies, Run! product, along with our fast-growing "New Adventures" segment that is expanding into new storytelling genres. You ideally have multiple years of experience in the media industry, whether that's as a Producer or Assistant Producer in radio, or working as an Audio Assistant / Audio Producer in the games, TV or film industries.
This a fully-remote position, currently anticipated to be part-time for 3.5 days a week. We are open to discussing a variation of these hours in some circumstances; please make it clear in your application if you would require a change in these hours in order to take the job. You can be located anywhere, but must be able to overlap with UK time for at least 3 hours between 9am and 5pm UK time.
Our pay range is £30,000 - £34,000 pro rata (i.e. £21,000 - £23,800), dependent on experience.
Please apply for this job if you:
- Are highly organised
- Have taken part in a media production in a capacity which involved asset tracking and handling
- Have completed a recording, editing or mixing project in any of the following pieces of software:
- Adobe Audition
- Pro Tools
We are especially keen to hear from you if:
- You are from a community that is historically under-represented in media industries
- Care about building and maintaining equality and inclusion in our workplace and product
- Have professional experience cutting and organising audio projects to prepare them for mastering
- Have professional experience working with and maintaining large audio libraries
- Have professional experience liasing with external suppliers to ensure assets are delivered within spec
We make content for absolutely everyone
At Six to Start we believe in everyone's right to exist and be seen. We tell diverse stories in our app with caring, idealistic characters that our players love. Our workplace reflects this mission with our commitment to equality, inclusion and mutual support. Here's what some of our players say:
"I love this beautiful inclusive world you've created that you've allowed us to be a part of. Zombies, Run! has helped me through a lot of trying times and I don't know what I'd be doing without y'all."
"Zombies, Run is an exercise app, but its ALSO an incredible audio podcast where u are the main character. has lovable diverse cast of chars. and motivates you IRL to exercise at any pace you prefer! its literally the only thing thats ever made me exercise for fun and i love it."
We are not a startup
We think "hustle" is code for overwork. From the way we plan projects onward, we do everything we can to ensure people work 40 hours a week even in release-heavy months. We also support part-time working and extra flexibility for meeting needs and challenges like caring for others, crisis and personal health.
We build better processes
We believe in creating thoughtful, sustainable processes that make our work easier, rather than relying on volume of effort to get the job done. We're committed to constant self-scouting and continual improvement as a way of ensuring as stress-free and sustainable a work life as we're able to create.
What the job is going to be like
You will be the third member of our Audio team, working alongside our Audio Director and Sound Designer to ensure the smooth running of our audio pipeline. While you will have some regular creative editing tasks to complete, the majority of this role is consists of organisational, asset handling and communication responsibilities.
You will be responsible for:
- Intake and organisation of raw recordings from remote recording software into our file structure
- Intake and organisation of raw recordings and mastered audio from archives into our file structure
- Collating notes and metadata created during recording sessions
- Creating rough-cut assemblies of episodes according to scripts, including FX selection
- Tracking the progress of audio projects through the pipeline
- Editing & design of auxiliary audio clips (eg. "Next Time on..." / "Previously on..." clips)
- Organisation of mastered audio and upload into our content management system
- Report progress and take part in team-wide discussions in our weekly meeting
We believe there's always room to improve how we work, and the quality of the content we release. All members of the production team regularly:
- Consult on our existing processes and how they can be improved
- Take part in discussions about representation and equality in our content
- Take part in quality-assurance processes for our content
How to Apply
This position has been filled.