Six to Start is the world's leading developer of audio storytelling apps that combine fitness and gameplay. Our flagship app, Zombies, Run!, has been downloaded over five million times and has over 200,000 active users. Co-created with award-winning author Naomi Alderman (Disobedience, The Power) and featuring stories by Margaret Atwood, Joanne Harris, Rebecca Levene, and more, it demonstrates our commitment to helping millions become healthier by harnessing the world's best storytelling.
Founded in 2007, Six to Start has previously worked with the BBC, Microsoft, Disney Imagineering, Penguin Books, the British Museum, Muse, and Death Cab for Cutie. We've won Best of Show at SXSW and our work has been showcased at MOMA, the V&A, and the Design Museum. We're internationally recognised for our unique blend of storytelling, gameplay, and real world interaction. We have the agility of a startup and the stability that profit brings.
We are looking for an ambitious, highly-organised individual who is ready to take the next step. You will be working on our core Zombies, Run! product, along with our fast-growing "New Adventures" segment that is expanding into new storytelling genres. You ideally have multiple years of experience in the media industry, whether that's as an Editorial Assistant in publishing, or in production in the film/TV/audio/games sectors.
This is a remote-only, part-time position for 3.5 to 4 days per week, with the potential to become a full-time position dependent on performance and company requirements. Our core hours are 10am to 4pm, UK time.
Key tasks include
- Preparing and distributing scripts
- Preparing and distributing contracts to writers and agents
- Scheduling and liaising with writers, actors, and agents
- Organising and monitoring production schedules and delivery deadlines
- Booking actors and recording studios
- Quality control for audio and metadata
- Editing audio trailers
- Organising and archiving files and content
- Writing metadata related to our audio content
- Copywriting for marketing material and our blog
- Content and data entry
- Taking meeting minutes
- Standardising and sanitising older scripts and file stores
- Keeping up to date with the wider audio market
- Scouting for new writers
- Reading and evaluating pitches
Ideal Traits and Experience
- Excellent administration skills with the ability to organise, prioritise and manage workflow.
- Highly literate with excellent attention to detail. We will expect you to correct other people's work, rather than vice versa.
- Able to seek out answers and solutions independently.
- Comfortable learning software and tools including Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, Final Draft, Reaper, Notion, Dropbox, Slack, and bespoke in-house systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to keep stakeholders informed and on-side.
- Very strong written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Comfortable working remotely and keeping to a reliable and predictable schedule.
- Knowledge of the app, audio and publishing markets.
- An interest in games and genre fiction.
£30,000 to £36,000 pro-rata, dependent on experience.
- £250 annual personal budget for media, games, running gear, and more
- Opportunity to represent the company at events and conferences
- Annual "Team Weeks" in locations including Scotland and Japan
- A supporting and inclusive work environment that's understanding with childcare, committed to diversity and strongly supportive of its LGBTQIA+ staff
- We all take a full hour for lunch!
How to Apply
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject "Production Executive" and your named CV attached. No recruitment agencies.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position.
Friday 3 April, 12pm UK time.